Wednesday 6 November 2013

Ethical Values

We are volunteers... I've got all my germans and me...
Lisa, me, Sarah, Waithera (my cousin), Lena
My blog is so emotional isn't it? I'm such a girl... Can't stop telling the world how it feels to be here.
I want to share and I really hope the reader can comprehend...
Lately I've been thinking a lot about my origins.
Ouh by the way I forgot to tell:
Welcome to my process of self-discovery!

Seriously, it feels so good staying in Kenya and especially in the childrens' home.
My life seems to be so morally and ethically correct compared to my life on the northern part of the world. I don't use a lot of water, I don't eat a lot of meat and no cheese at all, food is mostly local and fresh. The same as big fast food chains, H&M and friends aren't spread (that much). Somehow it shows how life can be without wasting ressources as they were unlimited and exploiting other people & countries. It proves that a better life is possible!

We guys in our first world countries act as all our luxuries and abundance is necessary for survival.
Honestly I thought the same before I came to Kenya last year...
Thoughts like this were running through my mind: "Oh my god I'm so spoiled... I can't stay without my daily shower, without cheese and ham, without wifi, without smoking wherever/whenever I want to... etc."
In the end it turned out that it isn't such a big deal.
Even smoking! In this environment quitting smoking isn't as hard as expected - in fact it isn't hard at all... at least during the week ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment