Friday 29 November 2013

Family Deluuuuxxeee


Ama - Mama feat. Baby Kalila
#Swaaaag!
Family is the most precious thing in life.
Once again I had the opportunity to realize that (some people never do).
My parents are the most important persons in my life and I appreciate the way they raised me every single day. The older I grow the more I can see where my character, humour, looks etc. come from. 
And I'm proud. 
It's not like we always had/have a peaceful family life. In fact we have many disputes and discussions but if I had to choose role models I would definetly pick my parents.
It's such a privilege to have a mother and father. Since I'm living with orphans I know this even better.
It makes it hard talking about (great) family life knowing they never had the chance to live the same way.
At least the good thing is that my parents and my surounding always gave/give me enough love, so I have a looooooot of loove I can pass to them. 
I really hope these orphans will have their own gorgeous and healthy family life one day.

Even though they're sometimes smart-alecky, chaotic and too busy to care about my problems -
I would NEVER trade the world for my parents.

"...Sie hat alles im Griff, meine Mutter ist ein Wunder. Ich denk kurz ich bin der King doch dann holt sie mich wieder runter." (Sido ;) )  



In the end family is more than parents... Especially in countries like Kenya.
Family constellations are easy to explain:
Your grandma (shosho) is not just the mother of your mother.
All brothers and sisters of this shosho are also your grandma's and grandpa's.
And it goes on... My cousins are not just my aunties/uncles kids, but also the grandchildren of the other shosho's & guka's (grandfather). 
cousins, guka and shosho's. From the left:
Waithira, me, guka, shosho's sis, shosho, shosho's sis, Wanyamu, Muthoni, Kinyanjui

Sooo last weekend I was invited to a family-get-together at my shosho's sisters' place.


What happened: I hardly knew anyone. 
It was a lot of fun meeting my cousins and aunties from another shosh!
There was a lot of food and drinks and introductions so that everyone got to get an orientation of the family.

I even met my auntie (my mom's cousin) from London with her newborn. When her first daughter was born four years ago I went many times to England to babysit, for the first birthday, the christening...  Now after we haven't seen each other for long we met at the family-get-together. It was so nice! And she's like the coolest auntie ever!


Cousins from three (of six) different parts of the family... Not sure if we look alike... But we're all pretty ;)


Except of the big family-thing in the last week didn't happen that much... Or hold on!


My cousins' baby was finally born! We spent the whole weekend waiting... Nothing happened...

When we went to the hospital for the check-up on monday they told us the baby is too big to get pushed.
It's a babygirl! Called Kalila and or Salima :)
Bless this baby...! 
Means: They booked her a scisserian for the next day. No one was (mentally) prepared for this step.
My cousin didn't even had time to think about it. We brought her back to the hospital two hours later in expectation to come back the next day in the morning for (baby) visiting hour after everything's done.
The baby however decided to want to come out at night. We got the message that my cousin's gone into labout at 1.10 am. When we reached the hospital 1.35 the baby was already born. We heard the baby crying somewhere down the hall and couldn't believe it.
It was a moment full of joy and happiness. My auntie, cousin, Salim (the boyfriend) and me where so relieved that we all started crying..
Of course we weren't allowed to go into the maternity to see the baby or my cousin.
Luckily she called us right after to tell everything went well.
The rest of the night was so random... We people couldn't stop celebrating till 6... Dancing to bredda Bob Marley :D

My cousin (Ama Waithira) was allowed to go home today with the baby. Everything's fine and mother + baby are healthy. I'm so proud of her! Imagine she's also only 18!



Rongaii... The place I've been staying quite often the last weeks. It looks so typical kenyan :) Crowded, dusty and chaotic. And SO LOVELY!




For the moment my family is here in the childrens' home. Such as the other german volunteers and of course the children.
Sometimes I think they couldn't be luckier than in this home. They support and console each other, share their knowledge and love. Many of them have some/all of their siblings there so they're not all alone. And even if they have any they have like a 130 brothers and sisters around.
This kids are one unity. More than many family with parents are.

Lena, Lisa and mee... on the right with the watchman (soldier aka soldjaah) and Felice. 
Being with this kids gives us so much... impossible to describe...
I don't wanna leave them. Not now, not next month, not in half a year.
I already miss them when I leave for the weekend and it's beyond words how it feels coming back home getting run over by a bunch of children yelling my name and hugging me. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment