Monday 6 January 2014

Mombasaaaaa, Baby!




My uncle, aunty and three of my cousins were so kind to take me with them to Mombasa over New Years!
I was SO EXCITED! The last time I've been to coast in Kenya is such a long time ago I can't remember...
White beaches, beautiful people and marvellous food - I couldn't wait!


I was so close to crying when we went to the beach for the first time...
                                                  It looked so incredible pulchritudinous! Like a dream coming true... 



What made me especially excited was the matter of fact that I was supposed to go for Diani beachlife on New Years Eve!
The biggest rave in coast. It's like if you're in coast at this time and you're young you have to go for Beachlife.
If not you've failed!!!
Man! I saved money for that thing and bought my ticket right away!
Then last minute my uncle prohibited me to go.
For the reason it's too far and too dangerous...
I felt so dumb.
It's not like I've started travelling alone with 14, to England, France, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Kenya.....
I've been flying to places at quite young age, finding my own way to the hostel and making trips through the foreign country.
My parents raised me in such a liberal and autonomous way that I'm not used to this very closed and overprotective family life anymore.
So I didn't go to Beachlife, because I was under the responsibilty of my uncle.
My parents didn't have a problem... They told my uncle that their daughter is overaged and they can't stop me. They assume that I know the risks I'm taking and I'm responsible for myself since they were the ones who let me go to Kenya.
It didn't help... So I accepted their worries and doubts, sold my ticket, cried for a while and tried to make the best out of the desperate situation.
I felt like a kid again :(
And it broke my heart....
Friends of mine keep on telling me how gigantic and mind blowing the bash was!
I won't get over it :(

At least we had the best apartment ever and a very good time there!

Close to the beach, close to the huuuge citymall of Nyali.
Just perfect!



uhh and there were women coming everyday for cleaning and cooking!
So cool!




love this pic :D
Dario thanks for keeping my mood up and coming for me every time I call.
It's amazing to have good friends!




My auntie's friends invited us to her house. 
That compound and building is so classy!





During the stay I made up my future plan.
It's not that I like to plan every single detail or put up a whole masterplan I'll try to follow.
In the end things often happen in a different way than expected or desired.
However it can't be bad to have aims and ideas....
Those follow my motto:
GO BIG OR GO HOME!

My plans include the investment in plots with or without apartments for renting in (south)coast. Out of the profit a children's home, especially for streetgirls, should be built.




stuck in paradise...










Wow! That's a centipede!!
Tausendfüßler hoch 10, ich schwör!!

I officially welcome everyone to the year 2014!
Hope it will be blessed and that each and every one of you makes the best out of it!

Muthoni, Muthoni and Waithera 


Pointy-Powers!




Poooooooooooser





 My Dear 2014,

even if we kinda started on the wrong foot and I didn't get everything out of the holiday, what I had expected 
I still believe in you.
If the year starts worse it can only get better, right?
So I'll come back to coast as soon as possible (next time's southcoast) to catch up with all the things I didn't do;
Party hard, eat local (sea)food, buy nice kikois, carry sand and visit/travel all the important places in and around Mombasa.
Please don't think I'm not grateful! I am! It was a lot of fun and sooo relaxing.
Being in coast with my family felt like a satifaction to my soul.

My new year, I wish you will be as amazing as the past year or even better!
There are many events and occasions happening I'm looking forward to:
my parents and two of my best friends coming in the following months to visit me, some internships in Nairobi, a trip to the netherlands in August when I'll be back home, moving to Berlin, joining university for studying foodtechnology.

Just give me the strength for all the organisation and applications I'll have to take care of in the following weeks.
Someone told me January is the longest month of the year.
Now I believe in it.
It seems like I have a large pile of work to do before I can lean back and relax.
The time will come for it.


Imani





running into the future... 

Each day is a little life: 
every waking and rising a little birth, every fresh morning a little youth, every going to rest and sleep a little death.

(Arthur Schopenhauer)



No comments:

Post a Comment